Organize Your Life 7 Ways: Way 1 Lose Weight
By Rachel Yip, Law and Computer Science, Carleton University
During the next 2 weeks I will be posting 7 ways to organize your life. And before you can declutter anything on the outside, you have to start by decluttering what's going on on the inside.
To supplement each post, I will be giving away a gift to 2 winners to help encourage them on their journey. Read to the end for today's special gift!
I believe in scars. They show strength, resilience, the pain you endured and then overcame, and are a reminder of who you've become. But one thing that I think weighs heavy on the human soul is the baggage and the pain we carry around and aren't willing to let go. We are meant to carry that baggage for a while, but if it dwells longer than its stay, soon enough it grows roots, and the fruit that it produces is that of bitterness, envy, anger, and immense sorrow.
Don't confuse what I'm saying to mean that you have to be happy all the time, or put on this front for other people or yourself. But from my own experience, you have to take steps to choose gratitude, to choose joy, and to shed that excess weight. You need to make the mental decision yourself that "This does not serve me anymore".
And what better way to start than in a brand new year? But, maybe you're not ready to let go yet. And that's okay. I still hope that this will serve as an encouragement to you when you ARE ready to let go and let grow.
So here are 4 ways (and a bonus tangible way) to shed weight in 2017, everyday.
1. Forgive. Forgive the man who broke your heart. The friend who never gave you that last goodbye. Forgiveness is never easy, it takes time, it's a process. And let's be honest, sometimes it's harder to forgive than the pain of the actual wound itself. But I can promise that forgiveness will give you immense peace and make your heart stronger than it was before.
2. Don't forget to forgive yourself. You are human, imperfect, flawed, but all the more beautiful. You deserve to forgive yourself.
3. Let go. This life is a fantastic, crazy mess and believe it or not you cannot control everything. "Maybe I should've..", "Maybe I could've..", "Maybe if I had just..". No. Stop. Yes, maybe in a different life things may have turned out differently, but you don't know that. And that's okay. Let it go and move on to the next crazy adventure waiting right around the corner.
4. Accept toxic things and relationships in your life and be willing to close those chapters. I've had friends come. Friends leave. Friends who stayed for a while. But one thing I've learned is that it becomes unhealthy to force a relationship. Every person or event in my life served a purpose, and the same goes for you. Maybe you learned how to love, how to give, how to feel pain deep inside your soul, how to fall apart and put yourself back together again. And those are all GOOD things. You learned your own strength, your resilience, your courage, and your capacity to love, and I'm all the more proud of you for it. As Ritu Ghatourey once put it, "People come and go. But that's okay. Let their coming build your gratitude, and their going build your strength."
5. Shed material weight that no longer serves you. Whatever that looks like to you. Clean out your closet and donate some items. Give away books you no longer read to friends. Don't let extra clutter clutter your life and take up both mental and physical space! I'll have a post on this soon.
Now for the gifts. I will be giving away 2 gorgeous notebooks and writing material from Chapters. I encourage whoever wins them to use them to journal, imagine, dream, and write down their own ways they hope to shed weight in 2017.
Subscribe to my blog (upper right corner) for 2 entries.
Follow me on Instagram: withloveandsweets for 1 entry.
Share this post on Facebook for 3 entries.
Like my Facebook post for 1 entry
Again, there will be 2 winners! Winners will be announced in the next post.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Know that you are being prayed for and are very much loved.
With love and sweets,